Skip to main content

Let The Rainbow Remind You: Rainbow Rocks Review

On September 27th, me and a friend went to the theatres to see this movie. And, you know what?

OH MY GOD THIS MOVIE IS THE GREATEST MOVIE I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!

Hey... look over... SPOILER ALERT!

 
So the movie starts off at the other side of the Alternate Equestria where everypony turns out to be humans just like in the first movie! And then we get these three girls who turns out that they were banished to that place. But by who? Who cares though! KABOOM! They see the transformation of Sunset Shimmer from afar and the rainbow attack on her. They then realize that Equestrian magic is now in that realm they were banished to years ago.

Cut to Canterlot High a year or a half later, Sunset Shimmer is still trying to redeem herself but she gets poked at for becoming an evil she-demon who wanted to take over Equestria with an army of teenage zombies. Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna come in and announce that they will be having a high school musical and are bound to make it bigger than the Fall Formal from the first movie.

They go through a catchy song with most of the human Mane Six playing the song with Twilight excluded since she isn't there, she's back in Equestria since the portal closed. And then all of a sudden... our waifu stealer Flash comes in.


Dammit Flash, get out of here. You're nothing but trouble. Thank Celestia he's there for only a few seconds!

Sunset Shimmer is then called down to the high school entrance to meet the same three girls that were in the beginning of the movie. The three girls turning out to be villains named Adagio Dazzle, Sonata Dusk and Aria Blaze. Sunset eventually gets suspicious about their behaviour which eventually leads into another song sung by the villains about wanting to have a battle of the bands.


This gets the Mane Six, excluding Twilight but including Sunset Shimmer very suspicious and decide why they would want to have this battle. They go to notify Principal Celestia about it, but she is under the Dazzling spell. So Sunset does what she does at best, write a letter in a book hoping it will reach Princess Celestia in Equestria!

Time warp, we arrive in Equestria! Twilight and her friends are looking through the new books and one of them vibrates like a cell phone. So you're telling me that if I brought a cell phone to Equestria, it would turn into a book that vibrates. Who cares? Equestria logic!

We find out that the Dazzlings are actually sirens that were bent on controlling everypony in Equestria to do thier bidding and fight endlessly. Starswirl the Bearded who we never see turns out to have banished them. So what does Twilight do? Make a portal to the Alternate Equestria and her and Spike go right through. Huzzah! We got a talking dog again!

At first, they decide to use the power of friendship at the Dazzlings. But it somehow doesn't work. *gasp* But Twilight decides that they should play a song that can counter the spell of the Sirens.

Maud Pie appearance ahoy! Though she only says one line. She likes Rocks. But I bet she'll like what I like.

So they get past the first two competitions: antics ensue and more rants from the Great and Powerful Trixie herself. It's so sad she doesn't even mention peanut butter crackers anymore.

But somehow the Dazzlings convince Celestia and Luna to allow them to be there for them at the battle of the bands. That's when the real tough stuff comes in. The sirens want to feed off of the Equestrian magic and break them in hostility in order to get them. For one, Flash Sentry makes himself more arrogant to Twilight. (Thank Celestia! She doesn't need him, you know who she belongs to!) And then ruining the stage experience during the tryouts while their band: The Rainbooms perform. Sunset during the second tryout thankfully stops human Rainbow Dash before she can wield her equestrian magic.

But *gasp*! They fall into a trap and are forced to listen as the Dazzlings proceed with their plan. But Spike and Vinyl Scratch get them out... why? Spike is a talking dog, that's why!

They begin to musically battle the Dazzlings, which reveal their true siren form and weaken the Rainbooms. Sunset Shimmer then takes the microphone and begins to sing with them, revealing a giant-ass alicorn god in the sky, which vaporizes the siren's holographic forms and destroys the gems that controlled their strength the whole time. They run off.

Hurray! The day is saved once again- Oh no... don't tell me. No... please no. Twilight gets a hug from Flash Sentry which unleashed an outcry from me and another brony. I swear my friend next to me was going to restrain me to my seat if they... Please don't tell me it's a pesky romantic emotion scene. No... they're going to- TRIXIE SAVED THE DAY! Beat that Flash Sentry, ya damn waifu stealer!

Twilight says goodbye to her friends with Pinkie pulling an antic where she just looks directly through the portal. Sunset Shimmer is redeemed and starts writing letters to Princess Twilight just like when Twilight wrote letters to Princess Celestia when she was still her student.

A scene with the REAL human version of Twilight pops in the post-credits which hints another sequel. Hooray! The movie is over!

Overall: I thought it was a great movie, minus every single scene with Flash Sentry. Well, one scene I liked is how angry he is about his band losing in the giant competition. I must have let out a laugh when he lost. It had great characters and lots of people are saying it's an improvement over the first film. Really, cause I think this film and the first one was fantastic... except for Flash Sentry.


(Dammit Pinkie, there's nothing to be so happy about in this situation. But if Flash kisses Twilight, I'm outta here.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nightwish - Demo - 1996 (Review)

Alas, we begin the very first review for the very first product that counts as a studio album. Yes, it's only a demo with three songs, but I still consider it a studio album because it came with the CD of 'Angels Fall First', which you will see in the next review. 'DEMO' from: Nightwish Let's kick off this party with how this demo sounds like. This was back in the year that Nightwish first formed in 1996, the same year this demo came out. At this point, the only three members at the time were Tarja, Emppu and Tuomas. You will notice that there is a large absence of drums and bass from the recording. The demo mainly is composed with beautiful acoustic guitars and synth/clean piano with majestic soaring vocals that Tarja delivers. Funny thing, there is two guitars doing leads but panning left and right. 1. THE FOREVER MOMENTS - 9.5/10 The song kicks off immediately with a grand piano playing a serene tune, before the acoustics kick in with a clean s

By Merlin's Beard! - A "Transformers: The Last Knight" Review

Before I go on to start off on this review, there just has to be the usual warning at the beginning of the reviews for a movie; especially for these kinds of movies since I've done a review on it before with a rant about the fourth film of the series. ***SPOILER ALERT*** Today I finally got a chance to head out to a theatre in Etobicoke and meet up with a friend, as I purchased tickets on the website to see the newest Transformers installation after another three-year long wait. (Last movie was in 2014.) Having been watching these movies for ten years in the theatres, I thought I could settle and go with the tradition of seeing it on the big screen. We waited for a bit as me and her were there since 3pm, but got into the screening at 3:30pm to get our reserved seats and watch the film. When the movie began, I knew somehow that there was going to be the same formula that would be repeated just like with the last three movies before this. To be honest, it is the exact s

June Feels Like Christmas - My Tour Announcement Reactions

Feels like December 25 already by the feeling of the posts that I have just seen this past week. Loads of excitement to come our way in so little time. On the afternoon of June 9, I woke up this morning as usual - grabbing my breakfast and heading straight to my computer. I check my mail and noticed that I was mentioned in a comment from my friend Emily. I grew curious enough, so I got onto the usual and began to check what she mentioned to me. It was in a comment, so I click the notification. When I looked at the link, it mentioned my all-time favorite band Nightwish and it sparked in a bit of interest. The picture fully loaded with a load of text following and this is the picture that I can describe got my attention and made me gasp loudly: That's right! My all-time favorite band are coming back to Toronto in March 2018 and various other cities in both the United States and Canada. For the nine-month tour, their stop in Toronto will be at the legendary Massey Hall wh