Skip to main content

June 2017 - Part of a Story, Part of a Tale

Just another post at the end of the month with another Top Five Songs of the month as well as a few news updates from what is going on with me.

Work has been keeping me busy for quite a while, and as a result; it's normal for me to not write once in a while on this because either that or its my fanfiction that I am currently working on. But again, I'm going to expect the same responses over and over like "stop delaying it" or "just play it". Here is my answer: "On my own time". I have no control over my schedule, so you're all just going to have be extra patient.

Now, to the Top Five Songs of June 2017:

#5: Epica - The Solace System


Since Epica is going to be releasing their follow-up EP that continues from 'The Holographic Principle', I might as well share one of their tracks from the new EP which is the same title as this song. I'll be seeing them for the second time at the Opera House in September, and my friend Emily will be coming with me to see them as it'll be her first time being able to have the Epica experience. I'll most likely pre-order the new EP off of Amazon or the Nuclear Blast USA website.

#4: Delain - Come Closer


The exclusive bonus track off of the 'April Rain' album. I recently ordered April Rain off of Amazon, after having received the two-disc edition of "The Human Contradiction" from there. Being one who likes to hear bonus tracks and collect them, I figured that this one would do? Fact: Did you know that Rob van der Loo of Epica was featured on this album as the bass player at the time? No? Surprise.

#3: Lordi - Sick Flick


Having recently heard that this song has been added to the setlist for Lordi's summer festival shows, I was completely surprised because I did not expect them to play this song. They also performed "Demonarchy" at the same show, but they are planning to play the entire Demonarchy side of the album at their upcoming performances. Still waiting for them to return to Toronto again, and here's to hoping they won't take nine years to come back.

#2: Atmora - Rosie


Hailing all the way from Windsor, Ontario - I've seen them performing at least two times at both my first Epica show back in November 2016, and with Delain / HammerFall this past April. I've met their singer Bailey both times, and I can tell that she recognized me when I approached from the merch table. Here's to hoping that I will see them a third time.

#1: Within Temptation - Never-ending Story


A familiar movie coming to mind? Some who hear this song think of the 1980s children classic "The NeverEnding Story" judging by the title. When I hear this song, it's almost as if you are creating an imaginary world with the sounds of the music and the angelic voice of Sharon singing. It's a great song to daydream to. Being that the theme of "Mother Earth" is based on nature, I feel like this song really fits.

Being that the group are in the midst of recording a new album, it gives an opportunity to hopefully have another North American tour. Here's to hoping they have a VIP Meet and Greet, as it is apparently getting rare for Within Temptation to come to the USA or Canada. When I do so, I plan on doing one of the things I promised I would do: hug Sharon den Adel.

News Update:

Nothing really much is going on, but I recently bought two tickets to the Nightwish show that is coming in March 2018, and I will be upgrading them to VIP for quite a cheap price. It's not exactly $200 like it costed for the London Ontario show, but I have a feeling it will be an amazing show.


For the show, I have been told that their setlist will be completely different from the past shows I have seen as they will be performing rare material from their earlier days which suggested that I will hear songs from the "Angels Fall First" era. If so, here's to hoping they play 'Beauty and the Beast'. I'd also like to hear 'Beauty of the Beast' from the Century Child album. But honestly, when I see the setlist from their first show in Atlanta, I should have a good idea what it'll be like for the nine month world tour.

A movie update for me is coming up this October which I have been counting down for quite a while, as I waited for this movie to actually pop up since all the way back in late 2012 - mid 2013. The impossible is finally becoming a reality.

Let me just grab the popcorn, annnnnnd here it is:


As a brony, I waited a long time and kept wondering to myself what it'd be like if there was actually a feature film for the show that I was watching. The second trailer also appeared a few hours after the newest announcement was made for it, and I was already eager to see new footage as the teaser didn't render out properly when they showed it in theatres. I'll be going with a group of bronies in the city of Toronto to go and see the movie when it comes out in theatres.

Other than that, there's nothing else to report. Canada Day is tomorrow and I look forward to celebrating it.

\m/ Brayden \m/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nightwish - Demo - 1996 (Review)

Alas, we begin the very first review for the very first product that counts as a studio album. Yes, it's only a demo with three songs, but I still consider it a studio album because it came with the CD of 'Angels Fall First', which you will see in the next review. 'DEMO' from: Nightwish Let's kick off this party with how this demo sounds like. This was back in the year that Nightwish first formed in 1996, the same year this demo came out. At this point, the only three members at the time were Tarja, Emppu and Tuomas. You will notice that there is a large absence of drums and bass from the recording. The demo mainly is composed with beautiful acoustic guitars and synth/clean piano with majestic soaring vocals that Tarja delivers. Funny thing, there is two guitars doing leads but panning left and right. 1. THE FOREVER MOMENTS - 9.5/10 The song kicks off immediately with a grand piano playing a serene tune, before the acoustics kick in with a clean s

By Merlin's Beard! - A "Transformers: The Last Knight" Review

Before I go on to start off on this review, there just has to be the usual warning at the beginning of the reviews for a movie; especially for these kinds of movies since I've done a review on it before with a rant about the fourth film of the series. ***SPOILER ALERT*** Today I finally got a chance to head out to a theatre in Etobicoke and meet up with a friend, as I purchased tickets on the website to see the newest Transformers installation after another three-year long wait. (Last movie was in 2014.) Having been watching these movies for ten years in the theatres, I thought I could settle and go with the tradition of seeing it on the big screen. We waited for a bit as me and her were there since 3pm, but got into the screening at 3:30pm to get our reserved seats and watch the film. When the movie began, I knew somehow that there was going to be the same formula that would be repeated just like with the last three movies before this. To be honest, it is the exact s

June Feels Like Christmas - My Tour Announcement Reactions

Feels like December 25 already by the feeling of the posts that I have just seen this past week. Loads of excitement to come our way in so little time. On the afternoon of June 9, I woke up this morning as usual - grabbing my breakfast and heading straight to my computer. I check my mail and noticed that I was mentioned in a comment from my friend Emily. I grew curious enough, so I got onto the usual and began to check what she mentioned to me. It was in a comment, so I click the notification. When I looked at the link, it mentioned my all-time favorite band Nightwish and it sparked in a bit of interest. The picture fully loaded with a load of text following and this is the picture that I can describe got my attention and made me gasp loudly: That's right! My all-time favorite band are coming back to Toronto in March 2018 and various other cities in both the United States and Canada. For the nine-month tour, their stop in Toronto will be at the legendary Massey Hall wh