Skip to main content

September 2019 - Video Game Music Pt 1

Alright, this post will be for a five selected favorites from a few of my favorite video games or video game franchises.

5. Morrowind OST - The Road Most Travelled


This is one of the many recurring themes when you are exploring Vvardenfell in the third entry of the Elder Scrolls franchise. It has a rather adventurous feeling when you are engaged with the story and environment of such a great game for its time. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind was released in 2002.

4. Kingdom Hearts 2.5 OST - The Other Promise


Chose an extended version for this one. It has quite an emotional tone to this one, and is quite surprisingly a battle theme in one of the video games I grew up with when I was in middle school. It makes me think of the character associated with this theme, Roxas as he fights to keep existing.

3. L.A. Noire OST - Main Theme


One of my favorite music pieces from video game history out of the early 2010's. It gives off a beautiful nostalgia wave of 1930s / 1940s vibes being that most of them are Jazz and Swing music from that time period.

2. Riven OST - Temple Cave


A rather haunting piece, but yet so atmospheric at the same time. Based from the sequel to Myst, it opens up a new chapter. When you first enter the temple cave, it gives you quite an eerie feeling that someone is behind you as you move forward. You turn back, no one is there. Look forward again, no one is there either. Quite a mysterious track for a great PC game in its time. It's been remastered since last year, so I recommend starting with the Myst: Masterpiece Edition before starting this game.

1. Kingdom Hearts 3 OST - Working Together


Straight from the previous games, I find this one to be one of the most epic battle themes that I have ever heard in a video game franchise. This is the third reincarnation of this theme, and the orchestra really works out with this one. Somehow when I hear this song, I imagine myself fighting alongside allies and friends against the powers of darkness with the power of light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nightwish - Demo - 1996 (Review)

Alas, we begin the very first review for the very first product that counts as a studio album. Yes, it's only a demo with three songs, but I still consider it a studio album because it came with the CD of 'Angels Fall First', which you will see in the next review. 'DEMO' from: Nightwish Let's kick off this party with how this demo sounds like. This was back in the year that Nightwish first formed in 1996, the same year this demo came out. At this point, the only three members at the time were Tarja, Emppu and Tuomas. You will notice that there is a large absence of drums and bass from the recording. The demo mainly is composed with beautiful acoustic guitars and synth/clean piano with majestic soaring vocals that Tarja delivers. Funny thing, there is two guitars doing leads but panning left and right. 1. THE FOREVER MOMENTS - 9.5/10 The song kicks off immediately with a grand piano playing a serene tune, before the acoustics kick in with a clean s

By Merlin's Beard! - A "Transformers: The Last Knight" Review

Before I go on to start off on this review, there just has to be the usual warning at the beginning of the reviews for a movie; especially for these kinds of movies since I've done a review on it before with a rant about the fourth film of the series. ***SPOILER ALERT*** Today I finally got a chance to head out to a theatre in Etobicoke and meet up with a friend, as I purchased tickets on the website to see the newest Transformers installation after another three-year long wait. (Last movie was in 2014.) Having been watching these movies for ten years in the theatres, I thought I could settle and go with the tradition of seeing it on the big screen. We waited for a bit as me and her were there since 3pm, but got into the screening at 3:30pm to get our reserved seats and watch the film. When the movie began, I knew somehow that there was going to be the same formula that would be repeated just like with the last three movies before this. To be honest, it is the exact s

November 2017 - A Missed Opportunity

Hello everyone! How is everyone doing? I'd like to first off apologize for the long delay of posting for a while as I have been doing my own thing which also includes being at work. Not exactly the easiest you know. I've delayed a hella lot on concert reviews and thoughts, but I will most likely have one coming up in early December, with an album review coming before. Well, since I missed writing for October, I will be including 10 songs for this blog post for favorite songs of November 2017. 10. Animals as Leaders - On Impulse I recall that this was the first AAL song that I have heard, which includes one of my favorite guitar players ever: Tosin Abasi. For this album and as a guitar player in general, he uses an eight-string guitar, and uses the bottom string as part of bass. This would probably be one of my favorites as well as a few others. 9. Between the Buried and Me - Lay Your Ghosts to Rest At least one or two of my friends have recommended this band t