Skip to main content

July 2017 - Here I Am To Live The Tale

Title of this blog post really threw you off, didn't it? Lol nope, nothing to do with the movie Top Gun even though I really love that movie, especially the character Ice Man. He's one character everyone should look up to.

Yes, this is another post at the end of every month of my selected favorites for the month of July. Five songs, and a few of them are influenced from the concerts I've seen. So here you go... prepare your butts.

Before I begin, I would like to congratulate my friend Emily or as known as "The Redheaded Nerd" for adopting this kind of technique. She'll find it to be more easier for her to adapt to, though I did enjoy MMSW.

5. Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - Bad Reputation


I think I can relate quite well to this song's standards. This one really speaks out to me about how everyone is taunting my different tastes (Being a brony, liking heavy metal music, my different personality, collecting setlists/picks/autographs, etc.) and how I think I should be "normal" like them. I clearly don't really give a damn what they think. We should be our own person and not follow along with what they force-feed into us. Let us be us.

This song can also be heard in a familiar movie with a green ogre. After all, Shrek is love - Shrek is life.

4. Epica - Trois Vierges


An older song in the Epica legacy, and this one is known for being a classical duet between both Simone Simons and the legendary Kamelot vocalist, Roy Khan. I do miss hearing Roy Khan in the music industry myself, and despite all the rumors that he might be going back to making music again - I wish him well.

3. Xandria - Voyage of the Fallen


Today marked the second year anniversary for Xandria's EP 'Fire & Ashes', so I decided to post one of the singles from the EP that really stood out. This song makes you feel like you are either on a journey across the golden seas or through the stars in space. This performed this song when I saw them two times in Montreal and Toronto this year.

2. Metallica - Spit Out the Bone


Having seen Metallica for the first time and completed seeing all of the Big Four, I had to select this song from their new album Hardwired... To Self-Destruct. They didn't perform this song at the Toronto show unfortunately, but this song actually gets the crowd going judging by the YouTube comments. Great song, hopefully their next album and tour won't take another nine or ten years just like with how HammerFall took seven years to come back to Toronto.

1. Xandria - Queen of Hearts Reborn


The most recent single from the newest album Theater of Dimensions. Whenever I hear this song, I picture either the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland no matter which version it is that you're watching, and Nightmare Moon - one of the villains from my favorite series ruling over the land where the night lasts forever. Even if it's the original fairy tale, you can easily picture the Queen herself. Xandria are coming back to tour again, but nowhere in Canada this time as it'll be all-out in the United States.

Well, that's all for now in regards of Monthly songs. Not really much else is happening for the month of August - being that it'll be my birthday at the end of the month. Still, expect the usual song post before then - but it'll be a special post as it'll be all Nightwish songs for August. Expect more to come in September as it'll be the following events: Fan Expo, Deep Purple w/ Alice Cooper & Edgar Winter, Epica w/ Lacuna Coil and Scorpions w/ Megadeth. I do plan on going to see Xandria a third time in Buffalo, New York but it's still in development.

Until then, cheers and up the irons.

\m/ Brayden \m/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nightwish - Demo - 1996 (Review)

Alas, we begin the very first review for the very first product that counts as a studio album. Yes, it's only a demo with three songs, but I still consider it a studio album because it came with the CD of 'Angels Fall First', which you will see in the next review. 'DEMO' from: Nightwish Let's kick off this party with how this demo sounds like. This was back in the year that Nightwish first formed in 1996, the same year this demo came out. At this point, the only three members at the time were Tarja, Emppu and Tuomas. You will notice that there is a large absence of drums and bass from the recording. The demo mainly is composed with beautiful acoustic guitars and synth/clean piano with majestic soaring vocals that Tarja delivers. Funny thing, there is two guitars doing leads but panning left and right. 1. THE FOREVER MOMENTS - 9.5/10 The song kicks off immediately with a grand piano playing a serene tune, before the acoustics kick in with a clean s

By Merlin's Beard! - A "Transformers: The Last Knight" Review

Before I go on to start off on this review, there just has to be the usual warning at the beginning of the reviews for a movie; especially for these kinds of movies since I've done a review on it before with a rant about the fourth film of the series. ***SPOILER ALERT*** Today I finally got a chance to head out to a theatre in Etobicoke and meet up with a friend, as I purchased tickets on the website to see the newest Transformers installation after another three-year long wait. (Last movie was in 2014.) Having been watching these movies for ten years in the theatres, I thought I could settle and go with the tradition of seeing it on the big screen. We waited for a bit as me and her were there since 3pm, but got into the screening at 3:30pm to get our reserved seats and watch the film. When the movie began, I knew somehow that there was going to be the same formula that would be repeated just like with the last three movies before this. To be honest, it is the exact s

June Feels Like Christmas - My Tour Announcement Reactions

Feels like December 25 already by the feeling of the posts that I have just seen this past week. Loads of excitement to come our way in so little time. On the afternoon of June 9, I woke up this morning as usual - grabbing my breakfast and heading straight to my computer. I check my mail and noticed that I was mentioned in a comment from my friend Emily. I grew curious enough, so I got onto the usual and began to check what she mentioned to me. It was in a comment, so I click the notification. When I looked at the link, it mentioned my all-time favorite band Nightwish and it sparked in a bit of interest. The picture fully loaded with a load of text following and this is the picture that I can describe got my attention and made me gasp loudly: That's right! My all-time favorite band are coming back to Toronto in March 2018 and various other cities in both the United States and Canada. For the nine-month tour, their stop in Toronto will be at the legendary Massey Hall wh